Import Senior Entry Writer
- Portland, OR
What you'll be doing
- The senior entry writer is responsible for the correct and timely creation and transmission of CBP entries of key accounts. Receive and review documentation including commercial invoices and any other document required for customs entry and duty payment. Handle key accounts requiring in depth knowledge of customs and harmonized tariff codes required for the account. Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry. Assist in new customer onboard set up and process. Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process. Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner. Assist in resolving major customer complaints and shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.). Review and update customer profiles as directed.
What your background should be
- Minimum two plus years of import entry writing experience is required. Must be able to work in a fast paced office. Good communication, attention to detail and organizational skills required. Candidate must possess a strong team work attitude. Leadership experience is a strongly desired. Candidate must be PC literate with MS Office applications.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree is preferred but not required.
Who is the client company
- This is an American temporary staffing agency that operates throughout the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com