Human Resources Coordinator-Biotech
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of on-boarding process for employees. Coordinates new hire processes to ensure a positive onboarding experience; communicates with new hires, prepares new hire orientation kits, coordinates orientation meetings, routes new hire and welcome notices. Maintains the HRIS system including performing data input for employee set up and changes, generating monthly reports and interfacing with IT for system upgrades and other program interfaces. Maintains organization charts. Establishes and maintains personnel and benefit files. Provides back-up support for employee health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes, terminations, billings, benefit related inquiries. Coordinates and performs employee off-boarding activities-sends termination emails, completes required paperwork kit, collects forms, files and closes out employee/benefit files, update HRIS. Participates in annual benefits renewal and open enrollment processes. Assists with annual review and compensation adjustment process (i.e. performance review tracking, updating HRIS, follow up, payroll interface). Coordinates employee meetings and events such as company picnic and holiday party and other employee related activities. Maintains required state and federal postings. Compiles EEO reports as directed. Assists in the recruiting process as needed-conducts background checks, creates and distributes offer letters, posts new positions. Performs other assignments as directed. Actively formulates methods for establishing processes and process improvements. Develops, maintains, and updates HR processes and procedure documentation.
What your background should be
- 5 years of related human resources experience required. PHR preferred. Experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals, or medical device preferred. Strong computer skills including experience with HRIS systems. Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail. Self-motivation, team orientation and a results driven approach to work. Highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize projects and workload. Proficient to advance computer skills. Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and best HR practices. Experience with benefits administration and familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations.
Required Schooling / Training
- AA degree required. Bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a biologic pharmaceutical product development and manufacturing organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com