- Orangeburg, SC
What you'll be doing
- Initiates annual hourly employment review process by providing managers with necessary tools. Holds managers accountable to deadlines to ensure evaluations are completed within the appropriate timeframe. Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate information. Maintains compliance with regard to associate drug testing and background check policies. Ensures store compliance for monthly HR review process. Responds to associate inquiries on policy, benefits, and compensation; understands proper methods and resources available to obtain information or direct associates and/or managers regarding non-routine inquiries. Effectiveness/attains results, understands HR scorecard and assists management in holding associates accountable to meet defined goals. Proactively monitors ongoing associate training completion to meet 90% minimum monthly requirement. Processes and reconciles weekly time sheets; follows up with employees to ensure accuracy. Ensures that HR administration is completed in accordance with company guidelines. Maintains the online application system to ensure adequate candidate flow for hourly store openings. Maintains associate information in labor and scheduling tool to aide in optimal staffing with in store and compliance with federal, state and local labor laws. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a retail environment preferred. Some human resources experience preferred, but not required. Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to set priorities and effectively manage time. Proven ability to build teams and encourage/model collaboration. Prior experience and high comfort level with computer programs and systems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently. Strong decision making skills. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and build a high level of trust. Ability to effectively communicate with both management and associates.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma required.
Who is the client company
- This is a chain of American discount department stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com