Housing Case Manager
- Tri Cities, WA
What you'll be doing
- This position will be responsible for providing housing services, interagency program connections, and referrals to community resources to Benton and Franklin counties housing options for clients. The primary responsibilities of the Housing Case Manager position are completion of the intake and eligibility screening process and preparing preliminary assessments of clients referred to the housing program; referral of all housing program eligible participants to appropriate community partners and resource providers; development, implementation and monitoring of housing stabilization plans to assist housing program participants to prevent homelessness and maintain stable, permanent housing arrangements and following up with housing program participants at least weekly and making referrals or creating linkages to help participants access supportive services and leverage other community resources, as needed to prevent homelessness and maintain their permanent housing arrangements.
What your background should be
- Preferred experience serving veterans/veteran families or homeless populations, experience and knowledge of housing and homelessness services and benefit programs, preferred, knowledge of federal and local housing programs desirable, experience and knowledge of community resources available through the Benton and Franklin counties continuum of care highly desirable. Requires working flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as requested, extensive travel in the community and working in client homes and ability to tolerate exposure to tobacco smoke, domestic animals, household pests, and other conditions common to a variety of home environments or outdoor spaces for clients that are homeless. Counselor registration or licensure with the State of Washington required. Valid Washington driving license, access to vehicle and minimum required liability insurance and first Aid/CPR certification required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate Degree with field of study in a Social Work or other related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit organization with a myriad of vital services in communities through its network of agencies provides help and creates hope for thousands of people each year regardless of religious, social or economic backgrounds.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com