Home Therapies Program Manager
- El Cajon, CA
What you'll be doing
- Directs and manages all aspects of patient care for home therapies patients in assigned program from admission through discharge of the patient. Provides direction, guidance and support to staff members to ensure the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD). Ensures that the standard of dialysis provided is at least equivalent to that provided to facility patients. Oversees the identification and evaluation of candidates for the company home therapies program including assessment of patient home environment if needed. Accountable for timely completion of patient care plans by organizing meetings of the health care team to discuss patient care plans and resolve patient problems. Maintains and communicates efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility station efficiency. Ensures completion of initial and annual nursing assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to the company policies and procedures is completed. Ensures patients response to home dialysis treatment therapy is documented according to company policies and procedures and in compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements. Ensures appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting peritoneal and access flow issues are completed per physician orders. Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the physician. Develops action plans for missed treatments in collaboration with the medical director.
What your background should be
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred. Current BLS card. Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the LPN/RN practices with a score of 80% or greater. Successful completion of maxim background screening process. One-two years of experience in a correctional setting preferred. Previous medication passing experience.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. (R.N.) advanced degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Healthcare service provider industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org