History Teacher (9 to 12)
- Saint James, MO
What you'll be doing
- Create a learning environment in junior and senior high school classes conducive to educational development and personal growth; to establish an effective rapport with students; to mentor and motivate students to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge necessary to form a solid foundation from which good citizens are produced; to formulate good relationships with parents and the community. Teaches the curriculum adopted and approved by the school board of education. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the board of education. Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences. Communicates regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere. Evaluates pupil academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports. Identifies pupil needs, makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
What your background should be
- Previous related teaching experience is desire. Other professional duties as may be assigned by the secondary principal. Comply with federal, state, local, and board of education policies and regulations. Plans and coordinates the work of employees, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree or higher with DESE certification in secondary education in the subject area. (masters degree preferred)
Who is the client company
- A very renowned public high school
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com