High School Math Teacher
- Indianapolis, IN
What you'll be doing
- Develop standard aligned, measurable, ambitious big goal that will increase student opportunity for achievement; assess and track performance against these goal. Measure student achievement of and progress toward, the learning objective and big goal with formative and summative assessment tool. Provide ongoing and timely feedback to student on their progress toward meeting big goal by frequently checking for understanding and listening. Use data to reflect on effectiveness of lesson and student achievement progress to improve instruction and practice. Develop standard based performance task and curricular assessment. Facilitate student exhibition of work, progress and learn each semester for an audience of student, staff, family member and community representative. Use data to update each student individual learning plan. Teach student and facilitate activity during the gateway week; a summer bridge and orientation program designed to build school culture. Create a focused environment of fairness and respect that encourage student to take risk and strive to reach goal. Communicate and enforce high expectation and standard for behavior and academic performance, aligned with the college prep academy school culture guide to create a strong culture of achievement and respect. Establish, model, practice and reinforce age appropriate rule and logical consequence; create and consistently use individual behavioral management plan, as needed. Implement classroom procedure, system and routine that provide structure and maximize instructional time. Communicate respectfully and thoughtfully with parent or guardian remaining sensitive to different family culture, value and need. Conduct home visit and family meeting for student assigned to the advisory class. Initiate and maintain timely communication with all parent or guardian. Collaborate with colleague to improve personal practice continuously, classroom instruction, assessment and student achievement, as well as the overall goal and mission of the school and the network. Attend the week long summertime conference for the entire LHA network. Participate in a summertime professional development institute before the opening of school. Fulfill all outlined and related function professionally, timely and thoroughly.
What your background should be
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred. Required state teaching certification or licensure. Highly qualified status under no child left behind. Proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban environment. Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program. Driven towards excellence & results oriented. Knowledge of or experience with common core state standards or understanding by design preferred. Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision making related to student achievement. Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal driven results. Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience. Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required, master degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about education management services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org