High School English Teacher
- Henrico, VA
What you'll be doing
- The teacher plans daily instructional activities for all students, demonstrating knowledge of subject matter and using state standards of learning and the curriculum of the district. Uses current school and division data to plan instruction. Develops formative and summative tests, using multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis, and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs. Maintains order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and a well-organized learning environment. Maintains records of student performance and attendance, and communicates this effectively with students and their parents. Selects and uses a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students. Communicates and coordinates instruction with other staff (special ed, gifted, remediation staff, volunteers, etc.) relative to student learning. Stays abreast of current educational trends and best practices as these relate to classroom instruction and effective schools. Maintains professional manner when interacting with students, parents, patrons, community agencies and colleagues. Incorporates and models appropriate use of technology to support instruction and student learning. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- A valid professional teaching certificate are required with an endorsement in English.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree. Masters Degree preferred
Who is the client company
- The company is one of the largest county public school divisions in Virginia.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org