- Kailua, HI
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for driving the company culture through value and customer service standard. Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers. Develop and maintain effective relationship through effective and timely communication. Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issue with all customers in a timely manner. Assist other health care member in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measure where appropriate. Welcome assigned patient and inquire as to their well being since their last treatment. Report any complaint or observation to the nurse supervisor. Evaluate vascular access for patency and report any unusual finding to nurse supervisor. Perform vascular access evaluation pre treatment and report unusual finding to nurse supervisor. Perform vascular access cannulation and report any difficulty in cannulation or unusual finding to nurse supervisor. Perform administration of heparin as delegated or as allowed by state law. Initiate dialysis treatment according to prescribed order including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD). Evaluate intradialytic problem and provide intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed. Monitor patients response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual finding to nurse supervisor. Obtain vital sign prior to reinfusion; perform all relevant function necessary for the discontinuation of treatment document. Discontinue dialysis treatment according to established procedure. Evaluate patient prior to termination of venous access standing & sitting blood pressure. Obtain Hemostasis and apply appropriate dressing. Evaluate the patient prior to discharge and report any unusual finding to nurse supervisor. Perform and record pre and post dialysis evaluation, weight and vital sign with initial identification. Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment including completion of hemodialysis treatment sheet and, if applicable, progress note. Perform and document any intervention for unusual patient status and document patients response to intervention. Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetic ensure all area safe and clean. Clean and disinfect dialysis machine surface, chair, equipment and surrounding area between treatment according to facility policy. Conduct all task necessary for preparation for dialysis treatment and document where appropriate. Perform all required pretreatment dialysis machine alarm test including pressure holding (PHT). Prepare, organize, and efficiently utilize supply and equipment to prevent wastage. Complete and document ongoing participation in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activity. Enter all treatment data into the designated clinical application accurately and in a timely manner. Prepare initial patient chart for admission and compile paperwork for appropriate placement in chart. Prepare lab requisitions for prescribed or state lab specimen according to laboratory destination. additional duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Center for medicaid/medicare services (CMS)-approved state and/or national certification and must meet certification requirements within the required state or CMS timeline. All appropriate state licensure, education and training (if any) required. Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or related facility preferred. Employee have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's color blindness test as a condition of employment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is an American premier health care company focused on delivering the highest quality care to people with renal and other chronic conditions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org