- Montville, NJ
What you'll be doing
- The desktop support position will respond to service calls in a variety of areas throughout the company. Once a call is logged, the technician will begin steps in order to troubleshoot the reported problem and take the necessary actions to resolve those problems in a timely manner. Any network cabling experience is considered a plus. Additional duties include: field and handle telephone support requests. Log and manage issues into a helpdesk ticketing system. Configure and managing batch files along with other windows scripting. Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, using proven troubleshooting procedures. Responsible for simple network issues (password troubleshooting and resets included). Assist with the monitoring and tracking of inventory for the information technology department. Answer inquiries concerning the use of audio-visual equipment including: microphones sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, connecting wires and cables. Participate in team projects and assignments. Responsible for documenting solutions to technology issues. Perform remote troubleshooting directly with customer.
What your background should be
- Experience working in an IT department required. The position also requires hands on knowledge to build and configure pcs and laptops as well as loading software, and conducting audits for unlicensed software. Self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
Required Schooling / Training
- Two year college degree in an IT major as a minimum education requirement or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Designs and manufactures fluid control systems, valves and actuators for application in aerospace, military and marine industries.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com