Health Unit Coordinator
- Cleveland, OH
What you'll be doing
- Health unit coordinator provide a high level of customer service to patients, families, visitors and employees, helping promote and support the highest level of patient experience. Perform administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficient operational flow of assigned department. Conduct an in person greeting, welcome and orientation to the unit for newly admitted and transferred patients. Respond to patient call lights in a manner that expedites appropriate follow through. Round on patients throughout hospital stay as appropriate. Communicate and facilitate communication with patients, families, other departments and health care team members regarding patient care. Assist with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Provide concierge service to assist patients and families with way finding and direct them to available resources. Assemble and maintain patient medical records and other documents related to patient care. Assist with unit clerical functions as needed. Assist in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call system, portable phones and other unit devices. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related role. Prior job experience with typing or computer training or equivalent coursework; Microsoft Office experience preferred. Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit academic medical center, provides clinical and hospital care and is a leader in research, education and health information.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com