Health Unit Coordinator
- Winter Park, FL
What you'll be doing
- Identifies, prioritizes, and transcribes all types of physician orders by completing the patient kardex, proper care map, making out necessary requisitions. Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart forms, computer and electronic record. Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area upon medication arrival to the floor. Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission, transfer and discharge. Posts pertinent patient data timely. Responds appropriately in emergencies interactions with patients are appropriate to age, acuity and culture. Participates in practice changes because of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
What your background should be
- Sufficient knowledge of English and spelling to perform various non-clinical duties. Neat and legible handwriting. Is knowledgeable of medical terms. Completion of health unit coordinator course or recent hospital experience as a health unit coordinator. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred. NAHUC certification preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com