Health Information Services Clerk
- Akron, OH
What you'll be doing
- Processes urgent requests for medical records according to hospital policies and procedures and consistent with HIPAA regulations. Generates post-discharge reports to be utilized for medical record pick up and tracking. Files miscellaneous medical records according to the specified chart order. Creates and organizes paper medical record folders and documents. Retrieves hard copy medical records. Files medical records in specified order. Answers the telephone and responds to inquiries or routes inquiries to the appropriate person. Checks in/out medical records in the chart tracking system. Meets department/hospital guidelines for appropriate turn around time of record processing. Performs analysis of medical record charts to assure all documents have correct patient labels, medical record numbers, visit numbers, and visit dates. Assists supervisor with training and orientation of new personnel. Participates in departmental meetings and in-service education. Performs other HIM job related functions for coverage.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 (one) year of prior experience in medical office is preferred. Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, with Physicians and other hospital users of medical records. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the customer service policy. Can multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Providing over 60 physicians and health professionals for outpatient treatment of conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org