Health Information Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
What you'll be doing
- Manages the medical records department in order to optimize the efficient and effective handling of patient records and related documents; plans and develops systems which meet various agency standards as well as company policies and procedures. Oversees procedures to meet legal and accreditation regulations regarding content and process of medical records and release of information; manages continuous quality improvement of the handling of patient information; ensures confidentiality and integrity of patient records. Develops and implements policies and procedures for documenting, storing, and retrieving information, and for processing medical and legal documents, insurance data, and correspondence requests, in conformance with federal, state, and local statutes. Develops in-service educational materials and conducts instructional programs for health care personnel. Supervises staff in preparing and analyzing medical documents. Participates in development and design of computer software for computerized health information system. Analyzes patient data for reimbursement, facility planning, quality of patient care, risk management, utilization management, and research.
What your background should be
- Certification by examination as a registered records administrator by the american medical records association. Experience in 7 years experience in medical records, including at least 2 years in a supervisory role. Experience with supervision, hiring, and evaluations. Previous experience in electronic medical record environment. At least 2-5 years experience as a record room administrator required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree in medical record science
Who is the client company
- This is a healthcare services company that operates hospitals, nursing centers, and contract rehabilitation services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org