Head of Customer Master-Data Warehousing
- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Reports to global head of commercial management systems. Builds client partnerships with business clients and executives in commercial groups across the globe (and other assigned business areas). Provides support for commercial BI reporting and other collaboration tools across commercial function. Coordinates with business clients and IT partners to define collaboration priorities. Works in conjunction with IT partners to deliver tools to support commercial BI reporting, data warehousing and master data management. Understands how IT support efforts are tied to achievement of business goals. Supports the development and execution of systems roadmaps with business partners. Aids in the integration of client systems roadmaps into overall IT systems plans. Serves as an advocate for IT with business clients and executives. Leads IT change management efforts with business clients for key IT initiatives. Advocates for business clients in achieving business goals by identifying support and resources from across the IT commercial organization. Develops project lists and IT budgets in conjunction with business clients. Provides input and support to the overall IT project governance and budgeting processes. Effectively manages assigned department and project budgets. Coaches, supports professional development and performance management for assigned staff. Manages department wide global initiatives. Plans, manages one or more department budgets. Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that all company policies and guidelines are met including core values, ethics, safety, finance and security. Develops, manages and maintains organizational structure within the group. Contributes analytical input to help define organizational structure within cost center or department. Translates resource needs and program direction to actions such as request for new hires or supplemental staff. Provides career path planning or coaching to employees and lower level managers. Communicates issues and successes up and down the group.
What your background should be
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Previous IT related experience. Good oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to write and speak in the English language. Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions. Excellent skills in building multi-cultural relationships via strong collaboration and communication skills. Leadership experience leading teams across international geographic boundaries is highly desirable. Experience supporting global business functions, supporting large, complex or global applications and implementing global or large applications strongly desired. Experience supporting large data warehouse and business intelligence environments is strongly desired. Working knowledge of master data management tools and techniques desired. Demonstrated experience in budget management, employee development and performance management strongly desired. Experience with formal SDLC methodologies and system validation processes desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school degree required. Bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the largest pharmaceutical company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org