Guest Services Representative
- Mount Pleasant, SC
What you'll be doing
- Sells the value of homestead village to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms. Responsible for conducting courtesy calls within 20 minutes after guest check-in. Probes to uncover as much information from guests as possible to assist in the gathering of potential sales leads, as well as understanding/defining market segmentation and company information. Processes guest reservations, registrations, payments, and departures. Handles collection efforts of all in house balances and notifies management of potential liabilities. Balances all cash, check, credit card and city ledger accounts through verification. Shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned. Responsible for thorough understanding and effective performance of property management system. Maintains and organizes work area and clean model, lobby and front desk area daily. Responds to all guest requests and follows through to assure satisfactory outcome and compliance. Offers guest assistance when needed whenever possible. Complies with all safety and security policies in accordance with homestead village standards. Involves cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that assistance can be given as needed. Responsible for performing competitive checks nightly to other hotels in area. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- This is a hospitality company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org