Guest Services Representative
- Mount Pleasant, SC
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for company guests and employees. Sells the value of company to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms. Responsible for conducting courtesy calls within 20 minutes after guest check-in. Probes to uncover as much information from guests as possible to assist in the gathering of potential sales leads, as well as understanding/defining market segmentation and company information. Processes guest reservations, registrations, payments, and departures. Handles collection efforts of all in house balances and notifies management of potential liabilities. Balances all cash, check, credit card and city ledger accounts through verification. Shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned. Responsible for thorough understanding and effective performance of property management system. Maintains and organizes work area and clean model, lobby and front desk area daily. Respond to all guest requests and follow through to assure satisfactory outcome and compliance. Offers guest assistance when needed whenever possible. Complies with all safety and security policies in accordance with company standards. Involves cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that assistance can be given as needed. Responsible for performing competitive checks nightly to other hotels in area. Educates competitors on using company an option for overflow guests. Other duties may be assigned.
What your background should be
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- Concern about hotel and property services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org