Guest Service Associate
- Notre Dame, IN
What you'll be doing
- Process folios and credit cards, using opera computer PMS. Cash checks and make change. Post charges to guest folios. Balance daily transactions. Recommend activities and restaurants. Handle complaints. Send and receive faxes, messages, and packages for guests. Properly direct lost and found inquires. Act on situations that pose a threat to hotel or guests. Handle all incoming calls for hotel and guests and various departments. Take and relay messages for department heads, guests, and employees. Accept and enter hotel room reservations. Determine availability of room. Accept information and determine best type of accommodations for guests. Block hotel rooms. Monitor front desk reports on guest reservations. Assist and communicate with other departments. Accept dining reservations when requested. Assist with baggage and guest needs (pillow, towels, etc.).
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of guest service experience required. Computer skills required. Must present a neat and professional appearance. Strong interpersonal skills sufficient, effective and courteous handling of varied clientele. Flexible to guest needs. Organization, multi-tasking skills as well as excellent interpersonal communication skills. Preferred qualifications in depth knowledge of university policies, procedures and operations is helpful. Office experience and previous switchboard and cashiering experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a private research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org