Grants and Contracts Specialist
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Assists principal investigator with pre and post award administration and coordination, including review, setup and initiation of personnel funding instructions for new and continuing awards. Analyzes proposed grants and contract proposals and awards for special conditions or restrictions and establishes controls as needed to ensure full compliance. Provides assistance to principal investigators and their staf. Distributes to principal investigators pertinent information relating to contractual provisions and obligations. Adjust budgets dependent upon contract requirements. Coordinates activities in establishing grant protocol with institutions that may be involved in similar activities as named by the grant. Assists in development of progress plans with professional organizations relative to the objective and purpose of grant funding for a particular area of research or training. Compiles financial and personnel reports for grants and contracts at the departmental or school level. Negotiates with agency regarding renewal of contracts or subcontracts. Oversees proper close-out of grants and contracts, including final financial reports to grant agency. Creates and maintains inventory of assets procured under contract and grant accounts. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of experience. Above average experience with spreadsheets; detail oriented; proficiency with PeopleSoft including queries; ability to work well in fast paced, deadline oriented environment; excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Must interact well with wide variety of faculty and staff. Self-motivated and able to initiate tasks and make sound decisions based upon available resources.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in lieu of education.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com