Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Project Manager
- Northbrook, IL
What you'll be doing
- Engages director & senior director leaders across astellas global medical community in the translation of medical strategies & objectives into actionable strategic publication plans. Evolves strategic publication plans in line with clinical development milestones and changes in the scientific, regulatory and access landscapes globally and in key markets. Gains endorsement strategic publication plans (annual publication plans per product) by governance bodies per company policy and sops prior to execution. Demonstrates understanding of disease area, medical strategies & objectives required to provide strategic input to leaders on matters related to publication planning & data disclosure. Implements effective & consistent strategies for engaging external expertise (e.g. Publication steering committees) to advise on & shape strategic publication plans. Fosters collaborative relationships with academic & clinical experts, publishers, medical associations & other relevant stakeholder groups. Leads the execution of the publication platform across the portfolio (abstracts, presentations) at prioritized international & regional congresses. Reviews publication drafts for scientific quality and to ensure alignment & consistency with author direction, scientific communication platform & key communication points supported by data. Facilitates decision making during publication planning & execution process through effective alignment across a broad range key internal stakeholders (CMTS, GDPTS, health outcomes & alliance stakeholders). Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 10 years of experience in the healthcare industry with at least 5 years expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution. Past scientific expertise in relevant TA (Oncology, Urology or ID/Tx). Demonstrated track record of executing in highly matrix environment working across wide range of functional areas medical affairs (global and regional), health outcomes, R&D, regulatory, legal and commercial teams. Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements. Understanding of good publication practices and guidelines, Sunshine Act, IFPMA and Pharma code of conduct, ICMJE, GPP2, and other guidelines related to publications and scientific data communication. Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position. Ability to function effectively on a strategic as well as tactical basis. Demonstrated track record of managing multiple priorities with successful outcomes. Working knowledge and familiarity with publication management tools & systems preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Advanced degree in a scientific or medical discipline (PharmD, PhD, MD) required.
Who is the client company
- This is a fast-growing premier global pharmaceutical company that provides end-to-end services in pharmaceutical industry round the globe.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com