- Memphis, TN
What you'll be doing
- Assist with the maintenance and expansion of the company product and service database. Analyze geographic information systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data. Maintain or modify existing geographic information systems (GIS) databases. Enter data into geographic information systems (GIS) databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data. Design or coordinate the development of integrated geographic information systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases. Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation. Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for geographic information systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements. Work directly with clients to discuss topics such as technical specifications, customized solutions, or operational problems.
What your background should be
- Experience with Pitney Bowes MapInfo, ESRI ArcGIS, or Manifold GIS Adobe Illustrator with Avenza MapPublisher. Proven ability to create programs using Python, Ruby, or C#.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from four-year college or university
Who is the client company
- This company provides world-class desktop and mobile applications.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com