- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Produces a variety of high quality geographic and demographic materials in support of commercial real estate transactions and account maintenance. Uses geographic information systems (GIS) fundamental concepts, practices and procedures proficiently to accomplish analytical work. Supports education, communication and marketing of capabilities as well as providing analytical support to both internal and external clients. Consults with sales professionals to define project requirements, investigating various approaches to attain end results. Develops advanced specialized maps, utilizing geographic, demographic and client specific information using programming, database and graphic artist skills. Mentors the activities of GIS support personnel, including support for analytical mapping jobs for production; provides support and assistance for extra workload for greater GIS team as required. Obtains and maintains accurate market data. Manages localized geo-databases in accordance with GIS departmental policies for data collection, storage, maintenance and verification. Assists other GIS staff with training and communications efforts for both the team and internal clients. Educates internal and external clients about GIS capabilities and resources; seeks end-user or customer input regarding additional geographic services and enhancements to existing services and processes. Consults with and advises sales professionals and management on geographic information available, analytical projects and higher end products. Participates in sales pitches, acting as GIS and data expert. Extracts information from various databases for use in maps or reports. Maintains library of previously designed material for future use. Logs and prioritizes work assignments using proprietary ordering and tracking system. Assists with analysis, research, design and implementation of all mapping tools, templates, standards and software as well as creates a knowledge base of standard templates and techniques. Proactively searches for new and different data and sources of data, integrating this data into real estate applicable GIS solutions. Assists with quality control process while adhering to company policies on quality assurance. Assists in the development of best in class templates and materials for use by all GIS personnel.
What your background should be
- 3-5 years of experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts or commissions. Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply operations such as intermediate statistics, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Advanced proficiency in ESRI or MapInfo professional, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications required. Knowledge of GIS terms and definitions, real estate terms and definitions, real estate analytical methods required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from four years college or university with a major or minor in geography or related field; or associate degree or equivalent from two years college.
Who is the client company
- This is an American commercial real estate company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com