- Chantilly, VA
What you'll be doing
- The general manager will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures. Key responsibilities include: Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs. Identify select, train and mentor location staff. Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members. Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements. Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements. Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations. Conduct periodic departmental audits. Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics. Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations. Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures. Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs. Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities. Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals. Create and present location(s) annual budget.
What your background should be
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years experience in a fixed route industry. Transportation/transit experience preferred. MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree or equivalent
Who is the client company
- Concern about transit bus and paratransit services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com