- Williamsport, MD
What you'll be doing
- Direct and control the work and resources of the resort and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed key personnel to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives. Plan and implement weekly team meetings. Supervising up to 90 team members. Review or create daily personnel work schedules prepared by key personnel for departments. Help in preparing a projected income and expense budget for the entire year, including but not limited to advertising, recreation, maintenance, payroll, utilities, campsites, rental units and housekeeping. Monitor and control all budgets and cash to ensure that the resort meets all established financial targets. Devise new programs and sources of income. Prepare or see that all necessary daily park cash reports are completed. Control petty cash and change fund. Oversee the ordering and controls on all resale merchandise. Maintain records on all capital equipment and resale merchandise. Identify local or other avenues for advertising or promotion. Approve copy prepared by corporate office. Ascertain and direct promotion literature to any agencies that will accept camp-resort literature. Make available a professional booth, necessary literature, display and promotions when participating in an RV or other promotional shows. Develop and implement a customer service strategy, which provides total customer satisfaction and meets the resorts missions and objectives. Assist in formulating and monitoring the annual business plan to ensure the long term success and viability of the company and the attainment of company objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge about employment law as it relates to employee relations. Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of health and safety to ensure that the company continues to comply with the best practice and legal requirements, including any necessary licensing. Develop any necessary policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors to the resort and provide advice on health and safety matters to the team managers. Provide team managers and staff with necessary training to ensure that they comply with all health and safety requirements. Keep up-to-date with developments in the fields of job evaluation, equal value and related employment law to ensure that the resort is in compliance. Oversee the development and implementation of a planned maintenance program to ensure that assets and services are maintained to required standards and can operate without interruption. Put together a list of proposed improvements for completion in the off season. Maintain the integrity of the system trademarks and copyrights. Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by park owner.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience preferred. Knowledge of hospitality, hotel and RV resort management is helpful, but not required. Must have valid driving license. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues. Specific training or experience in guest services. Current certifications in First Aid or CPR and AED or willingness to obtain upon hire. Personable, enjoy working with children or people. Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Possess exceptional guest relations skills. Ability to work long hours. Ability to be on call 24 hours a day during occasional periods.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from four years college or university is preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospitality services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com