General Duty Nurse
- Buffalo, NY
What you'll be doing
- The work is involving coordination of nursing care, patient education and discharge planning. The incumbent, using accepted standard of nursing practice, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates all phases of nursing care for assigned patients from admission through discharge. Perform physical, psychological and social assessment of patients. Develop a written nursing care plan based on patient assessment and diagnosis. Work directly under physicians, assisting during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments. Implement medical and nursing orders. Communicate pertinent patient information to the physician and other members of the health care team. Evaluate the effectiveness of care delivered. Update care plan as indicated. Record vital signs and documents care given. Develop and implement a discharge plan for patients. Provide patients and their families with health teaching. Participate in and supports research programs. Perform tasks normally delegated to lower ranking nursing department employees, as directed.
What your background should be
- Possession of a license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State. Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, techniques and the nursing process. Good knowledge of the organization, functions, policies, regulations and procedures of the hospital, clinics or skilled nursing facility as they relate to nursing. Good knowledge of medication administration/pharmacology.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- The company provides healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com