General Duty Associate
- LaGrange, GA
What you'll be doing
- Directs or escorts mourners to parlors or chapels in which wakes or funerals are being held. Greets people at the funeral home. Offers assistance to mourners as they enter or exit limousines. Acts as a pallbearer. Arranges floral offerings or lights around caskets. Carries flowers to hearses or limousines for transportation to places of interment. Cleans and drives funeral vehicles in funeral processions. Performs a variety of tasks during funerals and visitations to assist funeral directors and ensures that services run smoothly as planned. Places caskets in parlors or chapels prior to wakes or funerals. Cleans funeral parlors and chapels. Assists licensed embalmers or apprentices with removals and transfers of the deceased to the designated location. Ensures all company policies and procedures are carried out for each removal and transfer.
What your background should be
- Funeral industry experience would also be a plus. Must hold valid current license to perform duties, operate crematory, and drive a car or hearse. Previous customer service and/or sales experience would be a definite asset. Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn. Good driving record & must provide a driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school education or equivalent or relevant work experience.
Who is the client company
- Concern about individual & family services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org