Freight Operations Supervisor
- Green Bay, WI
What you'll be doing
- Supervise a staff of employee during various inbound, city and/or outbound freight operation. Ensure production goal meet by manage tonnage, payroll and other administrative function. Effectively manage the inbound/outbound process of various freight. Consistently meet or exceed productivity goal. Supervise and manage personnel operation to ensure efficient load, unload and process of customer shipment. Supervise and plan hourly employee schedule to meet daily operation goal. Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policy, rule, regulation and law as required. Ensure customer freight deliver and pick up timely and damage free. Coach, train and develop employee consistent with company policy. Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location. Perform other duty as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred. LTL (less than truckload) industry experience preferred. Demonstrate leadership, communication and administrative skills. Knowledge of the less than truckload industry, hazardous materials regulations and department of transportation rules and regulations. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Proven ability to lead others in a fast paced environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to balance multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear instructions to others. Forklift experience preferred. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally. Ability to safely climb in and out of a tractor cab & trailer.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/BA degree. Transportation/distribution/logistics degree programs preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational freight transportation and logistics company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com