- Altoona, WI
What you'll be doing
- Maintains professional working interaction with Wisconsin department of natural resources forestry personnel, logging contractors and their employees, the public, and wood product industry representatives regarding forestry and recreational uses of Parks and Forest resources. Establishes and administers timber sales through reconnaissance, prescription development, sale layout, determine volume through cruise design, timber marking timber sale boundaries, and proper cutting methods. Prepares timber sale documents as required by Wisconsin department of natural resources and develops timber sale prospectus maps. Establishes agreed-upon cut lines between county and private land with landowners. Administers field inspection of all sales for contract specification compliance. Plans and recommends favorable locations for development of forest roads/trails for access to timber sales. Performs marketing contracts with industry and private contractors.
What your background should be
- One (1) year of forest management experience involving timber sale establishment and administration, cultural prescriptions, and reforestation techniques. Experience or training giving knowledge of timber types and growth characteristics, disease and insect problems, and various cultural methods including timber stand improvement techniques. Training and experience using a personal computer with a variety of software including Microsoft Office and GIS systems. Must possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin driving license and acceptable driving record.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in forestry.
Who is the client company
- This is a county located in the U.S. state of Wisconsin.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org