Food Service Worker (Culinary & Nutrition)
- Phoenix, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses, and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
What your background should be
- This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food-handling regulations and pass certification tests as required.
Required Schooling / Training
- GED or equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit health system in the United States. It operates 23 hospitals as well as specialized facilities.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org