Food Service Worker
- Fort Lee, VA
What you'll be doing
- Under designated supervision, prepares and serves simple foods and beverages. Operates an oven, deep-fat fryer, or other kitchen equipment in a situation where set procedures are followed and where cooking skills are not involved. Serves one or more items of food such as salads, meats, vegetables, pizza, grilled items, sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, and beverages at a counter or steam table. Prepares simple salads, coffee, and tea. Replenishes food at serving stations. Prepares and wraps sandwiches. Determines readiness by means of a timing device or by visual inspection and removes when done. Stocks appropriate food supplies prior to selling period and replenishes food and beverage items, as required. Insures that food and beverage items are properly heated or cooled, as appropriate. Maintains required documentation; checks returned inventory; and prepares daily cash report, and other related documentation. Collects money, rings sales on cash register, and makes change. Participates, along with supervisors/management staff, in the establishment and achievement of service and sales goals for the food facility. Assists in insuring optimum stock availability by taking periodic stock counts; advising management staff of slow-moving, out-of-stock, defective, and damaged merchandise; and informing management of customer requests or complaints. Maintains required level of sanitation and cleanliness of work area.
What your background should be
- The incumbent should have experience in related field. Completion of a culinary program beneficial. Must have ability to read and understand written material. Must have ability to follow verbal instructions. Must have good communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is the retailer of U.S. army and air force installations worldwide.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com