Food service Specialist
- Traverse City, MI
What you'll be doing
- Ensures proper preparation, presentation and maintenance of stock levels for all foodservice products available to the customer. Provides personalized customer service by greeting each customer, assisting with purchases, suggestively selling and making sure all food products are available and ready for consumption. Takes an active role in promoting new foodservice programs introduced by the company. Assists in code dating food items to ensure quality and safety. Follows all food sanitation guidelines. Helps ensure proper storage, dating and rotation of all food products and supplies. Actively promotes foodservice items through regular sampling initiatives, engages in suggestive selling and communication of promotional items and specials. Cleans and maintains the foodservice area including, but not limited to, cleaning counters, equipment, floors and cabinets. Performs light maintenance duties as assigned. Helps ensure all equipment is operating correctly. Communicates to management when maintenance is needed. Monitors customer lines at the point of sale (POS) and opens additional registers as needed, in order to expedite the sale process. Learns and follows all applicable procedures outlined in the company food service user guide listens and responds to customer requests and forwards necessary information to management. Maintains knowledge of current sales/goals for each food category, food quality compliance inspections and the exceptional customer experience (ECE). Worksheet Attends company required training programs; assists in training fellow store associates on existing and new training programs as needed. Provides suggestions for and actively participates in improving sales, margins and execution of all food service programs. Completes other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- Foodservice/customer service experience preferred. Basic computer skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Understanding of store functions and operations. Ability to perform repeated bending, standing, and reaching. Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a gasoline-convenience store company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com