Flow Cytometry Computational Analyst
- Silver Spring, MD
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent will be under the supervision of MHRP flow cytometry core head. And will be responsible for designs and implements software systems for high throughput data analysis in a highperformance computing environment. Builds analytical workflows for automated deployment of bioinformatics tools for interpreting flow cytometry, microarray analysis, or other immunological data sets. Use established scripts or analysis packages in R or Python to identify patterns of cell receptor expression, gene expression, and soluble factors associated with disease progression in different phases of HIV1 disease progression. Implements data management tools including relational database management applications for efficient storage and retrieval of all results from all samples used in the research work. Performs other duties as related to the position such as data and project management to ensure data is being processed in an efficient and timely manner. Contributes to generating figures conveying complex immunologic data analysis and writing scientific manuscripts. Provides data analysis and interpretation to senior doctoral staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Knowledge of analytic programs such as R, SAS, JMP, Python, PERL, etc. Experience in statistical analysis such as probability and distribution theory, hypothesis testing, regression, correlation, analysis of variance and variance components using R. Experience with analysis of immunology data sets and analysis are desired but not a prerequisite. The incumbent should be eager to learn new things and contribute to a dynamic HIV research environment. Minimum 4-6 years experience working in a Linux/UNIX operating system environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred in computational biology or bioinformatics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education.
Who is the client company
- The company is a private, not for profit organization that works in advancement of military medicine.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org