Floating Pharmacy Technician
- West Portland, OR
What you'll be doing
- Assists pharmacist in filling prescriptions and updating patient profiles under direct pharmacist supervision, based on the extent allowable by state/federal law. Retrieves, pours, counts, labels and reconstitutes prescription medications. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information on pharmacy computer system in order to maintain accurate records and creates labels for prescriptions, which includes typing dosage instructions, name of drug, and quantity as required by abbreviated or symbolized information written on physicians orders. Receives refill requests from patients and obtains authorization for refills from physician offices. Prepares third-party insurance claims; orders, receives and stocks prescription drugs and supplies. Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records for pharmacy. Performs electronic transactions using a cash register in processing payments for store products, including those for pharmacy and wellness services. Follows proper pharmacy and general safety and security procedures and processes. Performs other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
What your background should be
- At least 1 year as a pharmacy technician working experience or training. Must be licensed through the state board of pharmacy as a pharmacy technician where applicable. Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with all patient information. Demonstrated prior cash register/customer service skills and an ability to interact cohesively with colleagues in a team environment. Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment. Excellent multi-tasking, accuracy, and attention to detail skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Client company is one of the largest food and drug retailer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org