Floating Faculty Assistant
- Cambridge, MA
What you'll be doing
- Successful candidate must be able to respond to regular shifts in workload and work location as governed by the changing needs with this work group; work collaboratively with minimal supervision in an environment of multiple and conflicting priorities; anticipate and resolve problems; proficiently execute a broad range of advanced technical applications in support of broad administrative, teaching and research activities; and update supervisors on status of tasks and projects. Some typical duties of this position include: perform general office duties including photocopying, filing, ordering office supplies, placing catering orders, and reserving space for meetings and events; orient and help train new and temporary faculty assistants to ensure smooth transitions; provide coverage for assistants who are absent or have vacated their position(s); process financial payments and reimbursements using Web Voucher, Purchasing Card, and/or Corporate Card; make travel arrangements; respond to internal and external requests for information; process recommendation letters; assist in the preparation for the arrival of visiting professors and lecturers by ordering, distributing, and collecting office and building keys, developing and distributing orientation packets, resetting voice mail, and confirming computer and email access with IT; assist with maintenance of office signs and building directories. Proofread and edit documents; maintain accurate and organized paper and electronic files; maintain class web sites and post course materials and announcements using HLS web-based course management software (iSites and canvas); facilitate updates to faculty webpages; manage aspects of research assistant hiring and supervision; coordinate recording for faculty engagements; conduct ad hoc internet and library research; process and manage confidential material with tact and discretion.
What your background should be
- 3 years full-time, related experience in executive and administrative support. Demonstrated administrative support experience; superior organizational skills and attention to detail; strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to forge strong collaborative working relationships; discretion with confidential information; ability to effectively handle quickly changing priorities and adjust work flow accordingly. Strong computer skills are required, including proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, Power Point, Windows, WordPerfect, and Word.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- Concern about research and educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com