Floater, Phlebotomy Service
- Twinsburg, OH
What you'll be doing
- Greet and treat all customers in a courteous manner. Ensure all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately, on time, and according to established procedures. Responsible for completing all requisitions accurately. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order. Package specimens for transport. Maintain required records and paperwork, and all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs. Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Perform basic clerical duties, including but not limited to: filing, faxing, preparing mail, answering telephones, and electronic data entry. Perform all duties of Phlebotomy Services Rep II. Ensure facilities are neat, clean, and in good repair. Act as a mentor and resource person for new employee, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and familiarity with department protocols, practices, and procedures. Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group or PSCs. All other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
What your background should be
- 3 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections experience. Minimum of 6 months experience as Phlebotomy Service Representative II in Patient Service Centre environment preferred. Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. Must have reliable transportation, valid NY State driving license and clean driving record that meets Quest diagnostics driver safety guidelines. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting. Excellent keyboard/data entry skills preferred. Demonstrated familiarity and compliance with all protocols, practices and procedures of branch operations department. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com