Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Provide direction to A, B and C level and lead technician assigned to work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Oversee plan and schedule of all repair work to increase productivity. Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activity appropriately. Report to management on performance; make recommendation for process or programmatic change for improvement or efficiency. Supervise technician in maintenance shop, including such responsibility as conducting daily shop huddle. Perform inspection of outside repair to ensure all work was properly completed in accordance with companies safety and compliance procedure and federal and state regulation; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunity and as necessary, document issue and constructively discuss corrective action, as needed, with technician. Conduct quality control inspection, track issue and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with companies safety and compliance procedure and federal and state regulation. Oversee repair diagnostic on more complex matter and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicle to determine necessary repair. Review and approve expense that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expense or major repair to manager as appropriate. Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission system, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical system to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance function on heavy equipment and vehicle used by company, on site and on the road. Manage related administrative matter for team, including payroll, maintenance of employee record, record of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, recording of all information into dossier maintenance software, prepare and submit budget for approval, set departmental goal to align with target and performance objective established by division leadership.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in maintenance working with heavy equipment. Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role requiring a thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations. Automotive service excellence (ASE) certification T3 drive. Commercial driving license. Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office knowledge. Root cause problem solving. Effective communications skills. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest non-hazardous solid waste management company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org