Fire Prevention Inspector
- Vallejo, CA
What you'll be doing
- Interpret and enforce provisions of fire prevention, hazardous materials and fire safety laws, ordinances and other regulations; interpret building plans and consult with building owners and builders when required; conduct routine technical construction inspections. Research problems, analyze various approaches and recommend solutions; prepare and maintain records and reports; perform periodic and follow-up inspections of new and existing buildings, structures and installations requiring fire department clearances; issue permits for public assemblies and all occupancies listed in the company fire prevention fees schedule. Conduct hazardous materials inspections, issue hazardous materials permits and research technical resources concerning hazardous materials; investigate causes of fire, seeking assistance from the fire prevention manager, contract fire investigator, or the fire marshal for those incidents appearing incendiary in nature, involving fraud, or injury to a civilian or firefighter. Collect, prepare and present evidence in court when required; investigate complaints pertaining to violation of fire prevention laws; issue corrective orders and citations; provide assistance with the weed abatement program as needed. Develop and coordinate fire prevention programs, such as false alarm billing, fire inspection reporting. Conduct fire prevention and inspection training sessions for engine companies; perform follow-up inspections of company inspections when necessary. Develop and conduct training programs and group presentations relative to fire prevention and fire investigation; represent the department before citizens and groups. Provide information to the public concerning fire prevention practices and procedures. Perform related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: experience sufficient fire prevention experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and abilities listed above.
Required Schooling / Training
- Fire prevention 1C fire investigation 1A and 1B completion of an associate of arts degree in fire technology or fire science from California state board of fire services accredited courses fire is highly desirable.
Who is the client company
- This is a government recruiting agency.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com