- San Francisco, CA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $1,000,000-$50,000,000. Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements. Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team. Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives. Conducting project kick-off meetings. Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively. Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a PG&E standard tool. Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within a standard PG&E tool(s). Developing and maintaining up to date detailed project schedules and work plans. Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, and scope and quality objectives. Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients. Exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity. Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy. Functioning in a process oriented environment. Provides creative and innovative approaches to meet work plan objectives. Collaborates with others to develop goals that will achieve company strategy. Seeks guidance only on critical and politically sensitive issues.
What your background should be
- 10+ years of demonstrated IT project management experience including managing one or more large complex IT product/software development cycles/projects. Experience with IT professional service agreements and materials logistics license/ certification. Project management certification from PMI (PMP).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, engineering or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com