Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
- Irving, TX
What you'll be doing
- Works with management to develop budgets and forecasts. Provides reporting on financial goals, projects and key performance indicators. Maintains current knowledge of board and trustee decisions relevant to budget preparation and reporting responsibilities, and overall financial reporting policies and procedures. Communicates with and trains department managers and financial analysts on budget development policies, procedures, and tools. Reviews department budget submissions for reasonableness and accuracy and works with department managers during budget development to assist in quality control and timeliness. Recommends budget modifications to management and senior leaders. Forecasting and financial modeling: assists in developing five years financial forecasts. Updates periodically for presentation to management. Prepares quarterly forecasts. Maintains and continuously improves the financial forecasting process. Works with project managers to develop the financial business case and report/monitor the financial metrics over the project life. Provides npv/dcf/roi financial analysis for major sourcing, capital investments, business improvement initiatives, and resource allocation changes. Works with all levels of management, to identify and address financial management information needs. Maintains procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting of budget preparation, budget variance reporting, responsibility reporting, and other financial management reporting responsibilities assigned. Evaluates and proposes process enhancements for the financial services team. Prepares sec filings and performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience, including three years supervisory experience. Written and verbal communication skill. Ability to create financial presentations and effectively communicate complex messages in a logical and concise manner. Experience making effective presentations to senior management. Management; ability to work effectively in an evolving and process-driven environment and mentor analysts in this environment. Analytical skills; proficiency performing data analysis to support business decisions through financial modeling, graphical presentation, and analytical writing. Customer service; strong service orientation with sense of urgency and the ability to determine and manage priorities. Project management skills; demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional team toward a common objective. Knowledge of PeopleSoft v9.1 and budgeting software (Prophix) a plus. CPA preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting required; MBA preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is research and investing information company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org