- Carrollton, TX
What you'll be doing
- The financial counselor interacts with patients, physicians offices and ancillary departments. Interviews patients to gather demographic and insurance information to pre-register or register them in the computer system. Provides advanced beneficiary notices, HIPAA, patient rights and benefit assignments as directed. Verifies patient's insurance eligibility and benefits. Identifies patient's financial responsibilities, financially clears and requests payments for services. Calls patients to pre-register or confirm appointments. Calls physician offices to obtain prescriptions and referrals for patient procedures and tests when necessary. The financial counselor performs all of these functions in a manner that complies with standards established by hospital administration, medical staff and outside regulatory and accreditation agencies and in a manner that promotes team concepts and reflects the health system mission and philosophy.
What your background should be
- 1+ years customer service experience. Proficient in multiple computer programs pertaining to job functions. Including e-mail, internet and registration or scheduling programs. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Multifunctional and able to work under stressful situations. Positive attitude and a willingness to embrace change and work well with team members. Manages time and resources effectively through good organization and prioritizing of work. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the leading U.S. supplier of health care information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org