- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Works all accounts on work list or any other reports assigned via follow-up guidelines and appropriate tickle time/activity codes throughout admission and up to 10 business days after discharge. Attempts contact with patient/ guarantor through phone, e-mail, or any other means of due diligence in resolving outstanding balances. Speaks/corresponds with patient/guarantor in order to resolve account balance and/or make settlement arrangements. Establishes payment arrangements according to preset guidelines; inputs terms into HIS to transfer to payment arrangement work list. Resolves or refers credit balances, as appropriate in order to resolve account balance. Records all payments collected on a spreadsheet to management or designee on weekly basis. Estimates patient stay expenses for pre-admitted patients and delivers the information to patients before they enter the hospital, and collect deposits based on the estimated cost of the stay. Meets with walk-in patients to resolve billing concerns and/or other issues.
What your background should be
- Three years of billing, collection and customer service experience required. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. Bilingual preferred(Spanish). Basis office computer and 40 wpm typing skills required. Effective professional communication skills with proper written and spoken usage of English language. Ability to manage multiple task under tight deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org