Financial Aid Counselor
- Columbia, MD
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for inbound and outbound communication with students via telephone and email in a timely manner. Maintain an open, sensitive, and helpful demeanor with all who seek advice and information. Perform verification and resolve conflicts with federal data base matches by reviewing supplementary documents to determine eligibility for funds administered by the financial aid office. Screen documents for completeness and counsel students on aid eligibility. Accurately assess students financial aid eligibility by comparing information on aid application documents, adjusting data, and resolving inconsistencies. Use federal, state and institutional financial aid rules, regulations and professional judgment to assess students and/or families ability to contribute to the cost of education. Review student information on the national student loan data system to resolve student eligibility issues. Assist the associate director in the maintenance and development of the financial aid policy and procedure manual. Maintain working knowledge of federal, state and institutional aid programs, regulations and guidelines. Active contributor to office discussions and recommends changes to improve the student experience. Perform other financial aid assignments and special projects as assigned.
What your background should be
- 2-5 years of experience working in a progressive financial aid office. Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request to resolution ensuring a positive student experience. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required.
Who is the client company
- This is a higher education provider institute.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com