Finance Accounting Manager
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Oversee daily general accounting functions to ensure financial statements are accurately presented to management. Prepare ad-hoc financial support as needed to help make operational and strategic decisions. Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations and offer related support to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness. Oversee month-end and year-end close activities. Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reviewed and reconciled on a monthly basis. Manage supplier transactions. Review, update and implement accounting policies, protocols and procedures to ensure staff is adequately educated and trained. Establish processes and procedures to ensure invoices are properly coded and managerial reports are accurate to enforce P&L accountability. Train, develop, evaluate and motivate departmental staff. Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, amortization and depreciation schedules and other financial reports. Supervise accounting personnel that file, record, compile and transmit accounting records. Conduct financial reviews and oversee reporting of contract performance. Conduct financial follow-ups of budget-versus-actual project analysis. Oversee weekly review and reporting of time sheets (job-time, shop-time). Generate weekly reports regarding equipment and employee utilization. Review and report on WIP determinations. Review project costs versus project budget.
What your background should be
- 3 years of finance, cost accounting experience required. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost accounting principles, including WIP. Strong problem-solving skills, knowledge of basic accounting principles and experience developing documentation and researching and resolving issues. Ability to work independently, manage timelines and deliverables and multi-task. Prior experience working in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance is required. CPA or MBA is a plus.
Who is the client company
- Concern about management consulting services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com