Family Support Counselor (Case Navigator)
- Los Angeles, CA
What you'll be doing
- Make family assessments; recommend specific prevention program aid families in crisis situations such as immediate need for shelter, childcare, health care, etc. By providing proper referral and case management. Responsible for assigned programs for children and/or adults such as parent support and education. Work directly with families to provide basic preventing health care information or to assist with budgeting, home organization, and other skills necessary for improved safety and management. Develop and maintain community resource file. Work with the information and referral staff to provide proper referrals to the families. Develop and maintain community resource file. Work with the information and referral staff to provide proper referrals to the families. Translate materials for clients and the agency/collaboration. Attend community meetings and/or agency collaboration meetings as assigned. Attend weekly case management meeting maintains file logs, charts, and other records as required by the agency or funding source. Support families and individuals in home or in office teach and model parenting skills in home or the office. Conduct parent education classes at the office or other community site. Assist families in identifying/reaching appropriate community resources.
What your background should be
- At least two years of experience in working with at-risk or dependent children and families and/or populations with special needs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in social work with major course works in psychology, counseling.
Who is the client company
- This company is committed to providing vulnerable children such as advancing the welfare of children and families through superior programs in foster care, adoptions, child development, parent education, mental health, research and advocacy.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org