- Akron, OH
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for completing work orders for routine building maintenance including but not limited to:painting, wall/floor repair, plumbing (clogs, leaks), door hardware, HVAC filters, grounds maintenance; includes repair of building equipment, furniture, carts, chairs, air handlers, fans, pumps, lights, walls, ceilings, sinks, urinals, toilets, etc., which also may include minor electrical repair and/or troubleshooting. Perform furniture moves in support of real estate planning and employee office relocations. Basic understanding of HVAC system and controls, VAV boxes, air handlers, cooling towers and pumps. Assist in maintaining facility operating systems i.e. HVAC, chillers, boilers, pumps by checking/recording gauge/valve readings, adjusting temperature settings to maintain employee comfort. Utilize various tools and machines to perform basic ground and landscape maintenance including; snow removal, trimming shrubs, pruning trees, cleaning parking lots and sidewalks, repairing and maintaining walkways and parking areas. Knowledge of life safety and security systems; MAG locks, fire pump, fire alarm systems, extinguisher maintenance and inspections. Perform regular inspections on generators and building backup systems in support of safety and business continuity. Maintain electrical rooms and equipment/material storage areas keeping them clean and free of obstructions. Coordinate building supplies as needed e.g. Replacement lights, replacement HVAC filters, chemicals, first aid kit contents etc. Coordinate janitorial services by scheduling work, performing routine quality inspections, complaint resolution. Evaluate and report on facility conditions (using check list provided) for items in need of attention; e.g. Light bulbs needing replacement, ceiling tile replacement, worn carpet, door operation, first aid kits stocked, exit lights, walkways free of hazards etc. To supervisor as part of daily routine. Perform emergency building work and site cleanup as needed e.g. Water cleanup from roof leaks after storms, place fans to dry wet carpet, board windows, pick up debris etc. Safely operate a company vehicle for equipment pickup/delivery and to maintain offsite facilities. Provide quality customer service by cooperating with coworkers, responding politely to customers, working as a team member, accepting change in a positive manner. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have 5 years of full service facilities management experience or experience in a specialty trade from the following: electrician, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry/painter, sheet metal/welder, and/or mechanic. Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Must have basic literacy skills to read blueprints, schematics and follow directions. Working knowledge of ms word and facility service ticketing software. Ability and experience in using hand tools (hammer, screwdriver, wrenches, drill, etc.) to perform basic repairs. Significant mechanical aptitude required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- This is an American cable telecommunications company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com