Experienced Staff (Financial Accounting Advisory Services)
- Detroit, MI
What you'll be doing
- Perform financial statement audits, including evaluation of controls in a marketing and trading control environment. Assess the accounting implication of various commodity risk strategies or commodity transactions, which may include control and process design implications. Assist in engagement administration, including maintaining files, managing timeline, and reporting hours and expenses for budgeting. Identify approaches to client and practice issues. Maintain a strong client focus by being responsive to client requests and developing/maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to client business. Contribute ideas and opinions to the engagement and practice team and listen to team member ideas and views. Utilize technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience; relevant work experience includes working a commodity trading audit or experience with accounting in the commodities market required. CPA certification or be in the process of attaining it required. Strong analytical and technical skills; strong communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills; desire and ability to work closely with engagement team members and clients required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, information technology or a related field required.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational professional services industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org