- Columbus, OH
What you'll be doing
- Reviews, highlights and prioritizes regular and electronic mail. Compiles mail for review of the executive. Redirects mail to appropriate staff members. Maintains follow-up system on action mail by phone or memo. Prepares letters, memos and/or reports, often of a confidential nature. Draft responses for approval. Frequently composes and sends correspondence of moderate complexity without review, such as congratulatory letters, and/or instructions on policies and procedures, and responses regarding receipt of information. Answers phones, takes messages, and/or redirects calls. Greets visitors. Responds to a wide range of inquiries that are sometimes sensitive in nature.
What your background should be
- Five years secretarial experience. Nationwide experience preferred. Knowledge of company policies and organization structure. Basic office planning, administration and corporate procedures and policies knowledge. Demonstrated initiative and decision-making skills in order to evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions to office workflow problems. Verbal and written communication skills to correspond and interact with all levels of management, external company executives, customers, and other contacts. Ability to proofread own work and the work of others for content and format accuracy. Intermediate mathematical calculation skills. Ability to operate business machines, and personal computer with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Lotus Notes. Ability to organize information and work with others to resolve problems.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school, vocational or technical business school studies in secretarial science. Some undergraduate level studies preferred. Certified professional secretary (CPS) designation preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about insurance and financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com