Executive Director Compliance Liaison
- Green Bay, WI
What you'll be doing
- Functions as Executive Director Compliance Liaison and ensures that Compliance Program and Corporate Compliance Agreement (CCA) requirements are met in the facility, including the following: Provides leadership and support related to compliance activities monitors and ensures execution of the Compliance Program and CCA requirements develops and distributes written compliance-related materials ensures the provision and documentation of appropriate training ensures the appropriate distribution of internal and external audit reports and the monitoring of corrective action related to such reports or other identified compliance-related issues ensures proper reporting and responses to compliance-related issues monitors facilities staff in the execution of their compliance-related functions supervises staff at each operational level who assist the Compliance Liaison in fulfilling compliance functions and certifies annually that all plans of correction related to identified problems in facilities or operations for which they are responsible, have been implemented and that all Compliance Program concerns have been reported. Candidate is also responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the facility, facility compliance with company policies and State and Federal rules and regulations and providing the highest quality of care possible.
What your background should be
- Candidate must comprise Licensed by the state or eligible for reciprocity. Two years experience as a licensed Executive Director in a long-term care facility or completion of an AIT program. Must have knowledge Leads planning process to develop goals for quality care, employee retention and financial performance. Represents facility at community meetings and promotes programs through various news media. Monitors performance for achievement of goals and for improvement, and takes corrective action when necessary. Serve as the facility equal employment opportunity coordinator. Assists in drafting the facility affirmative action plan and ensures that all employees are trained in and adhere to the principles of the AAP. Knowledge of long term Care and Medicaid and Medicare regulations and standards, cost reporting, profit and loss and budget compliance. Ability to work with a large staff and diverse client base, communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization, react decisively and quickly in emergencies.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS in health care administration, business administration, finance, a clinical specialty or equivalent long term care experience.
Who is the client company
- This is the largest diversified post-acute healthcare provider and healthcare services company that operate hospitals, nursing centers and contract rehabilitation services across the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org