- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- As the executive chef you will lead the culinary services team in an adult retirement, long-term care, or skilled nursing facility. Through your experience and expertise, you will implement and support all food related programs at the location including the food production of resident meals, guest/employee retail operations (where applicable) and catering functions. Your duties also include menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management. The executive chef day to day responsibilities ensures compliance with regulatory standards and work toward improving systems and processes. The executive chef is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. This position reports directly to the director.
What your background should be
- Food service or hospitality management program or five (5) years of culinary experience preferred. Minimum of three (3) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience. Expert knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation. Fine dining restaurant, hotel or country club culinary experience is highly desirable. Experience with high-touch customer service environments. Creativity and plate presentation skills a must CEC (certified executive chef) desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- Culinary arts degree or BS degree.
Who is the client company
- Concern about food, supermarket and retail services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org