- Washington, DC
What you'll be doing
- Produce detailed, design/build estimates for major renovation work, coordinate design/build efforts, negotiate proposals with client, produce subcontractor bid packages, administer and oversee subcontractor field activities, produce in-house production reports and produces schedules, etc. as required to effectively estimate and manage mid-size construction/renovation projects. Coordinate field work with superintendents and management team. Review subcontractor material, approved submittals and shop drawings and checks the construction for compliance. Assure red line (as-built) drawings are kept up to date in the field. Participate in the company safety program. Other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum ten years of experience in construction, with emphasis in estimating and project management for small to medium sized construction/renovation projects. Applicants must possess excellent communicative skills and be adept in managing multiple, minor construction contracts from concept to completion. Familiarity with estimating, cost control, scheduling, QCS/RMS etc. is required. Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence employees and subcontractors to actively achieve mutual goals. Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software. Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment and have a strong attention for detail.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a construction related field is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a strong family of government and commercial contracting company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com